Here are three things that have really worked for Michael and I recently! I haven’t reached my dream weight but I did lose over 6 pounds before our cruise (and I’ve probably gained it all back by now! ha!). So here we go!! Hopefully this is helpful and inspiring for anyone who is in our same situation.
Here are the things holding us back from being healthy:
– No time to use our gym membership. It’s only 5 mins down the road but a 30min workout turns into over an hour with the prep, travel, sign in etc.
– We are sometimes only home for 2-3 days at a time and it’s hard to buy groceries for only a few days for two people.
– I’m impatient and I don’t like making lunch and dinner when it takes up too much time.
So here are some solutions that have helped us recently! :
1. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and home workouts: 20 minutes, everyday, in our living room! We just need 25-30mins total to workout and we’re seeing results. I mean, it doesn’t take much to show results when we were doing NOTHING beforehand!
2. Myfitnesspal.com : This is my little accountability partner. Sure, it’s hard to enter calories but once you get in the habit of tracking what you’re eating, you make much healthier food choices!! If I have 300 calories left for dinner, I’m going to do Jillian so that I can have 500 calories to eat something more substantial! If I have 150 calories left at the end of the day, I’ll eat a little 100 calories greek yogurt ice cream cup instead of a bowl of cereal! (300+ calories).
3. Chop it up!: I’ve been eating a ton of omelets and salads and it’s easy to do this when all of the ingredients are chopped and ready!! So when we get groceries, we have a pretty standard list of veggies that I like for my salads and omelets: Tomato, Red, yellow and orange peppers, an onion, and baby spinach! I take 20 mins to chop all of this up and then I have fast, easy meals for the rest of the week and I have no excuse not fix something because it’s waiting for me!