I’m going to be shooting their weddings 100% refreshed. It’s hard to shoot every weekend and I really don’t think it’s healthy to go non-stop throughout the whole season. Michael and I are already trying to block some time off like this for 2014!!
So July was a whirlwind! I’ve been editing almost all of my weddings on my own this season and that has definitely been a challenge… but God is good. We have accomplished SO much this past month and I’m so thankful. Our house already feels like home and despite our crazy schedule, I have had time to decorate and I get so much joy out of that!!! I just wish it wasn’t so expensive!!! :)
So this snapshot post is going to look a little different than normal. I want to do a little section about what I’m thankful for from July. A have a friend who journaled everything and just listed everything, big or small, that she was grateful for and it changed her life! So I want to implement some thankfulness into my monthly snapshots!
So in July 2013, I’m thankful for….
– Air Conditioning! This new house has one powerful AC system and the whole house is super air tight. It’s an energy efficient home and while I didn’t really care about that when we were building the house, I REALLY appreciate it now! Our electricity bill was only $30 higher than our old house and yet we doubled the square footage (And I have SO many more lamps!). Crazy right?! Really thankful for that!
– Speaking of Air Conditioning, our little house that we’re renting has been having some serious AC issues and how home warranty company FINALLY let us know that instead of band-aiding the issue, they are buying us a new unit! So thankful we don’t have to spend $4000 on a new system!!!!
– A successful, safe trip to Chicago by myself. I don’t like traveling without Michael because he’s so good at all the logistics and I like not having to think about anything. haha But I made it through that trip on my own and had a wonderful time!
– New bookings. We’re booking for 2014 and we’re SO thankful for the amazing couples that we will be working with!
– I’m thankful for a husband that has patience with me, listens to me and works through things with me.
– I’m thankful for a mom that can fix horrendous grooming errors. Michael and I tried to groom Bokeh ourselves and it ended in disaster. Bokeh looked like a sheep halfway through the sheering process. Momma spent hours fixing our whoopsie and I’m so thankful for her.
– Our front porch. My brother helped Michael install fans on the front porch and we LOVE sitting out there, especially in the mornings!
– I’m thankful that I accomplished a pretty good portion of my July goals!
Now for some August Goals:
– Only respond to the emergency emails on Vacation.
– Pre-blog before we leave on Sunday… yikes!
– Get the house ready for two large cookouts happening this weekend!! YAY!
– Be more encouraging
– More cycling classes…. we’re slowly getting back into our routine.
– Order prints for our MANY empty frames!!
– Shoot my 3 August weddings well!!!
– Find a little white table for the front porch.
Ok and can I be honest, I did ok for a while with the “Self Portraits” for snapshot posts but it’s tough! I really love when other photogs share some of their life via instagram pics and so that’s what I’m trying this month!! :) Here’s a peek of our life in July!Charleston!
Big Yellow came into our lives! Love daddy’s new boat!
Relaxin at home with friends…
Lots of home improvements in July! AND new bikes!