thinking COMPLETELY goes against my marketing strategy. I practice PERSONAL MARKETING and I preach it at my workshops. The idea is that I have created a business around WHO I AM and people connect with that. If my brides didn’t have a clue who I was, there wouldn’t be a connection there at ALL. So I am personal in every aspect of my business. I won’t even hire an office assistant to help with emails and meetings because I think it’s so important that I’m the one connecting with my clients! So if I believe in personal marketing, then it’s about time I have a “Ten things you didn’t know about Katelyn” post!!
As I think about it, I actually LOVE knowing that Jasmine loves Pinkberry and that J&M totally renovated their adorable CT home in Restoration Hardware style, and I think I know Zach & Jody’s cat by name! I love following my fav photogs on instagram because I feel like I get a glimpse into their life! Is that WEIRD? I don’t know. I just hope I’m not the only one that “likes” every instagram that Jstar posts with Polo in it! I enjoy feeling like I KNOW these people…. and that sounds creepy but it’s means that they are GREAT marketers. When photographers create a brand off of their personalities, they have hit the jackpot!
So, today I’m posting a “10 things you didn’t know about Katelyn” post because it’s a smart thing to do. I’m not going to worry about the fact that everyone does this and I’m not going to pay attention to those that could care less about my toes. This post is for the amazing blog stalkers that enjoy following my brand and to all of you out there, I just want to say a huge THANK YOU! Thanks for following, thanks for sharing and here are some incredibly random facts about Katelyn James:
1. It’s true, I can’t bend my last 3 toes on either foot. When we asked the doctor about this in high school he just shrugged his shoulders and said “oh, it’s probably just a birth defect”. Wait WHAT?!!! I have a birth defect?! I mean, it never bothers me so I guess I should get over myself and just accept it.
2. I’m a HORRIBLE driver. It’s so bad that Michael won’t let me drive when we’re riding together because that always results in a fight! It’s really bad.
3. Even though I’m a horrible driver, I have NEVER gotten a speeding ticket….. but I have gotten pulled over for 7 things in one stop at college…. but we won’t go there. Who knew you were supposed to drive with SHOES?!
4. I have NEVER been to Disney World….. let the gasps begin. I know, I didn’t have a childhood I guess.
5. I have a new obsession with frozen yogurt shops. They are popping up everywhere in Richmond and I’ve tried all but two! (Ps. If you’re in RVA, the Sweetfrog in Cary Town is WAY better than that weird place that went in beside it! Just my opinion:)
6. Michael and I tried to grilled corn on the cob Wednesday night for dinner and it was a miserable failure. When you throw have of your dinner away because you don’t know how to cook, that’s how you know you’re still newlyweds!
7. Gummy bears are my weakness. Every time I walk into a convenient store it’s like I just gravitate towards that aisle.
8. My favorite color is TEAL! (Just kidding, I know you already know that!!) However, what you might not know is that my LEAST favorite color is PURPLE! Yup, I just don’t love it.
9. One of our favorite date nights is driving around and looking at massive houses. After driving through western Loudon county yesterday, I’ve decided that Michael and I need to do some home tour driving in those rolling hills! WOW. GINORMOUS homes!
10. I NEVER paint my fingernails for some reason!
Welp! Now that you know how strange I am, I’m going to get some work done before I leave for an engagement session this evening! Ps. Here’s a peek from yesterday’s! Can’t WAIT to share!