Our best friends Buddy and Jill shot a triple header this year and so I had received some great advice. After making it through this weekend and experiencing what it’s like to shoot THREE weddings in a row, I’m going to pass along three tips that may help some of you make it through a triple header if one comes your way!
Before I get into the tips, I do have one piece of advice about BOOKING a triple header. When deciding whether or not to book three weddings in a row, I think there are a few things to consider.
1. Are these weddings in close proximity to one another? Or will you be driving several hours to get to each different location?
2. Can you truly give the BEST effort during the third wedding after shooting two already?
3. Do you shoot double headers and have trouble physically moving afterwards? Or are you in good shape and you’re physically able to get up and do it a third time?
4. Does your potential 3rd bride know that this would be a triple header and are they ok with that? It’s not that you have to have their permission, but you do need to reassure them that they will be well taken care of.
Ok, so now that we’ve taken care of the prerequisites of booking a triple header, here are THREE tips for successfully shooting three weddings in a row!
1. Remind yourself before EACH wedding that this is a new couple, a new love story, a new family celebration, a new “happiest day of their life”. You have to show up each time with fresh eyes and a fresh perspective.
2. Drink WATER… like CRAZY. Your body will be going into overdrive physically and so it needs to be hydrated!
3. Bring reception shoes. I have flats that I can shoot two weddings in a row in, but sometimes it’s nice to let the toes have some freedom. I think that after the party has started and the lights have been turned down, it is perfectly fine to have some classy flip flops on. Also, Natalie Franke mentioned that you want to make sure your flats that you shoot in are not TIGHT on your toenails. This can be PAINFUL at the end of your third wedding!
So here are previews and links from EACH wedding in case you missed any this week!! It’s been a busy but beautiful week on the blog! Enjoy!!
We kicked the weekend off with Hunter + Britne at Brandy Hill Farm!!
Saturday we celebrated with Jason + Linsey at The Inn at Willow Grove!
And we wrapped up the triple header with Dominick + Cate at Pippin Hill!!
To view other posts from our Ask Anything Series, visit HERE!
To view our 2015 weddings, visit HERE!