We headed to Boston with two of our best friends, Bud and Jill. They are our best travel buddies because we are comfortable enough around each other to get grumpy and “hangry” without judging each other. :) We toured Boston in the RAIN and somehow it was still fun. Then it was time to head to Cape Cod. We road a ferry to Nantucket and as we pulled up, it was like we were entering a film set for a nautical movie. I’m serious. The little shops and quaint homes were just amazing.
I’m not sure that I had any expectations for Nantucket but if I had had any, they would have been exceeded. The worst part of the trip was that it was about 65 degrees each day and so I couldn’t where my nautical shorts. haha Seriously!? When you have 16 people on a trip together, there is normally some stress, tension and “clique” issues that arise. This group was incredible. The conversations were so life giving and our time was intentional. Friends flew in from Arizona, PA, Richmond, Smithfield and CT. It was a rare and wonderful sight to see us all together for a couple of days!
If I had to name my TOP FIVE favorite parts of the trip they would be the following:
1. Renting Wranglers and driving on the beach to the end of the island with a gorgeous view! This was amazing!
2. Sailing! We chartered a sailboat for an hour and half during golden hour and it was so beautiful!!!
3. Sitting guys/girls at meals and getting to have really intentional time with the ladies! Our last dinner was such a beautiful conversation full of honesty, vulnerability and some tears. So thankful for sweet friends who value intentionality. God is good!
4. Being with people that GET US. We have a weird life. I’m thankful for our weird life… it’s wonderful… but it is strange. We don’t have a normal work schedule and we have strange pressures and expectations placed on us because of our positions in the industry and it’s not easy. There are actually MANY occasions when Michael and I say “Gosh, lets just be PHOTOGRAPHERS…. lets just shoot weddings. No teaching, no sharing, no shop, no workshops, no coaching, no harsh blog comments… NO PRESSURE…. but I know that’s not what we’re called to. We’re supposed to be right where we are in the industry… it’s just hard sometimes. So it’s SUCH a gift to be around similar people and hear that we’re not alone in that struggle.
5. Photographing more BLOSSOMS!!!! I thought my 2015 blossom shots were over!!!! But they weren’t!!!! YAYYY!!!!!
Enjoy some images from our time together!!!